For the guitarist who craves pure vintage Fender style, the American Vintage series presents original-era model year guitars built with meticulous attention to accurate detail that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life.
Relive the sound and spirit of 1965 with the American Vintage '65 Stratocaster. Smack in the middle of one of music's most electrifying decades, the Stratocaster in 1965 was an instrument on its way to becoming rock's greatest electric guitar. Built with original tooling and based directly on actual 1965 models we tracked down, this U.S.-made guitar returns you to a pivotal period when the Strat® was poised to soar to phenomenal new heights.
- Thick maple neck with "Mid-'60s C"-shaped profile
- Round-laminated rosewood fingerboard
- Specially voiced pickups with modern five-way switch; optional three-way switch included
- Three-ply 11-hole white pickguard
- Aged plastic control knobs
- Vintage-accurate bridge saddles, tuner spacing and more